I made this presentation at Serbia Oracle User Group event in Zlatibor and Harmony 2015 event in Tallinn at last month. Both were very nice organizations that i really enjoyed, learned much and met with many Oracle experts.
I prepared this presentation to answer to following questions, which i think are really important for Exadata Database Machine administrators:
- To what degree, disk and cell server failures are tolerated?
- How to understand if ASM is able to re-build redundancy after disk or cell failures?
- What happens when multiple disks are failed consecutively and does it matter which disks failed?
- What we need to pay attention to in terms of redundancy, when we do administrative task such as rolling restart of cell servers, resizing diskgroups, etc. ?
- How can we interpret and track the "usable space" in Exadata?
Hope you find it useful, and please comment for anything incomprehensive or any insertion.
- Dbms_Redefinition Online Reorganization Of Tables (Doc Id 149564.1)
- How To Re-Organize A Table Online (Doc Id 177407.1)
- How To Shrink A Table Using Online Redefinition(Doc Id 1357878.1)
- How To Compress A Table While It Is Online(Doc Id 1353967.1)
- How To Move A Table To A New / Different Tablespace While It Is Online
- How To Convert Long Column To Clob Using Dbms_Redefinition Package (Doc Id 251417.1)
- Online Redefinition Of Table Using Rowid Option (Doc Id 210407.1)
- An Example Of A Complex Online Table Redefinition (Dbms_Redefinition) (Doc Id 1358236.1)
- Mandatory Auditing
- Standard Auditing
- Fine-Grained Auditing
- SYS Auditing
ALTER ANY PROCEDURE | CREATE ANY LIBRARY | DROP ANY TABLE | ALTER ANY TABLE | CREATE ANY PROCEDURE | DROP PROFILE | ALTER DATABASE | CREATE ANY TABLE | DROP USER | ALTER PROFILE | CREATE EXTERNAL JOB | EXEMPT ACCESS POLICY | ALTER SYSTEM | CREATE PUBLIC DATABASE LINK | GRANT ANY OBJECT PRIVILEGE | ALTER USER | CREATE SESSION | GRANT ANY PRIVILEGE | AUDIT SYSTEM | CREATE USER | GRANT ANY ROLE | CREATE ANY JOB | DROP ANY PROCEDURE
- Privilege auditing: audit select any table;
- Statement auditing: audit select table;
- Object auditing: audit select on SCOTT.SALARY;
- DBA_STMT_AUDIT_OPTS; ==> describes current statements being audited across the system
- DBA_PRIV_AUDIT_OPTS; ==> describes current system privileges being audited across the system
- DBA_OBJ_AUDIT_OPTS; ==> describes auditing options for all objects
- Accessing a table outside of normal working hours
- Logging in from a particular IP address
- Selecting or updating a particular table column
I would like to inform you that, to mark Columbus Day, Packt is offering its entire catalog of eBooks and videos at 50% off. This is te last day of the promotion. If you plan to buy some e-books don't miss this. http://bit.ly/1bqvB29
Discount code: COL50
- Why the Beginner's Guide Format...
- Why 11gR2...
- Writing a Book...
- Standby database process status: You can run following query on standby database to see what MRP and RFS processes are doing, which block of which archivelog sequences are being shipped or being applied.